Trailer for HBO's Mini Series "Mildred Pierce"

Oh. My. God.

They're remaking Mildred Pierce on HBO!!!

I had no idea they were making this and before I Googled it, I was very upset at the prospect. I thought there was a good possibility they butcher this masterpiece like they did with the remake of The Woman last year.

But this looks great. Kate Winslet, Guy Pearce and Evan Rachel Wood (h/t Ryan Adams):

Not crazy about Evan Rachel Wood as Vita thought. She's beautiful, and I once thought she could act, but if you've seen her on True Blood as "The Queen," you know she can't pull off sophisticated very well. Maybe she'll do better here.

Also, here's the original 1945 trailer for Joan Crawford’s Mildred Pierce....

Overall, I am very excited. A mini-series on HBO is a great way to bring this classic to life and a new, fuller, more glamorous (in a) high-definition way.

Also see these posts from Ryan Adams:

Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus