The judge who prevented the Obama administration from implementing a temporary moratorium of deep water drilling has ties to the very industry he was ruling in favor of.
Both Rachel Maddow & Keith Olbermann had segments on this last night:
Judge significantly invested in BP, oil stocksAlso see:
Rachel Maddow reports on the results of a review of the 2009 financial disclosure report of Judge Martin Feldman who ruled against the Obama administration's moratorium on offshore drilling.
Drilling moratorium judge violation?
John Dean, FindLaw.com columnist discusses the apparent conflict of interest of Judge Martin Feldman in disallowing President Obama's oil drilling moratorium.
- Think Progress: REPORT: Judge Who Ruled Against Moratorium Owned Stock In Exxon, Transocean, Other Drilling Companies
- AP: Judge in oil spill case sells energy stocks
- LA Times: Gulf oil spill: Moratorium judge owned shares in 17 oil companies last year
- WaPo: Judicial activism in the deepwater drilling decision
- WSJ: Judge in Spill Case Sold Stock This Week
- NY Daily News: Martin Feldman, judge who overturned Obama Gulf drilling ban, had investments in oil: 2008 report
- HuffPo: Judge Who Lifted Moratorium Tied To Offshore Drilling Companies
- NPR: Judge Blocking Obama Drilling Halt Hit On Oil Investments
- Dallas Morning News: Judge won't relent on drilling decision