While I'm not thrilled with President Obama's choice to replace the most liberal member of the Supreme Court with someone who has no proven liberal record to speak of -- asking us to simply trust him -- by no means is Elena Kagan a terrible choice. It's just that what is known about Kagan, makes me think we are getting a moderate, not a liberal. (also see here, here, here, here, here , here, here, here & here ).
Whatever she is, the right decided long before she was chosen to attack, however ridiculously, whomever Obama named to the high court.
Via Media Matters:
Elena Kagan: "Think This Time Will Be Any Better?"
Elana Kagan: "Day 1: Discredited Media Figures Make Discredited Smears"
Elana Kagan: "Myth: Banning Recruiters"
- Myths And Falsehoods About Elena Kagan's Supreme Court Nomination
- EXCLUSIVE: Harvard Law Military Recruitment Not Diminished By Kagan's Tenure
- REPORT: Kagan's Legal Experience Comparable To Rehnquist, Thomas, Roberts
- Burns: "Conservatives have nothing" and "they're throwing everything at the wall" to attack Kagan
- Fox Falsely Suggests Kagan Wants Government To "Disappear" Certain Speech
- Whelan Spreads Myths & Lies About Kagan Throughout The Media (Whelan's False Claims: Kagan Is Unqualified Because She Hasn't Been A Judge ... Kagan Is An Ideologue ... Kagan is a Prostitute)