Actress w/ Down Syndrome Has Choice Words For Former Half Gov Sarah Palin

Andrea Friedman, an actress with Down Syndrome who has appeared on several top rated show including "Saving Grace," "Law & Order," "ER," and "Life Goes On," was the actress who did the voice-over for the character with Down Syndrome who made fun of Sarah Palin on FOX's The Family Guy.

Well, she responded to Sarah Palin's absurd attacks & Palin's use of her child with Downs as a political "loaf of French bread."

Via the site Palingates.com by way of DKos' CatM:

My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the "Extra Large Medium" episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in " Smudge" but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On". I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm".

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes.

Andrea's e-mail was also discussed in the New York Times:

Q.When did you find out about the reaction that the episode elicited from Sarah Palin and her family?

A.[laughs] That I did not even know about until my mom told me, "You’re on Channel 4!" And when I watched on Channel 4, on "Extra," and I saw Sarah Palin with her son Trig. I’m like, "I’m not Trig. This is my life." I was making fun of Sarah Palin, but not her son.
Q.Do you agree with what she and her daughter Bristol were saying, that the character and the jokes were insulting to people with Down syndrome?

A.It’s not really an insult. I was doing my role, I’m an actor. I’m entitled to say something. It was really funny. I was laughing at it. I had a nice time doing voiceover. It was my first time doing a voiceover, and I had fun.


That's a great, big "fuck you" if I've ever heard one, no?

Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus