11.05.2009

Sen Schumer, I'm HIV+. Where is MY N1H1 Vaccine?

This is the letter I just faxed to my Senator, Charles Schumer regarding my inability to get the N1H1 Vaccine.

Senator Charles Schumer
U.S. Senate
313 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510-0001

Subject: N1H1 Vaccine

Senator Schumer,

I am HIV+, but I can’t get the N1H1 Swine Flu vaccination in freaking NYC (!) because my personal physician, whose practice treats many people l like me, hasn’t gotten them in yet (despite being on the federal list).

It seems your Wall Street buddies have had no such problem.

I was willing to except the fact that there were delays in production.

I was willing to accept the fact the NYC school children were at the top of the list, despite the fact that so are people with comprised immune systems, like me (or at least they were supposed to be).

What I will not except is your financial friends at the too big to fail banks and Wall Street firms are being given priority over me as well.

This needs to be rectified immediately. It is not OK.

Thank you,
UPDATE:
I realized that many people might not realize I'm HIV positive (even thought it says so in my bio). So, I just wanted to add this: I have been positive for 22 years. I am very healthy (now) and the reason I'm so pissed is that I want to stay that way. I got clean & sober 15 years ago, started living as healthy a lifestyle as I could, and I'm doing great.
Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus