Pat Buchanan & Traditional Americans: Special Comment by my 72-year-old friendCheck out more great stuff from The Political Carnival.
My very caring, impassioned 72-year-old Twitter pal, who goes by the name 42bkdodgr, would like to share his feelings about one of our posts a few days ago of Pat Buchanan's feelings on "traditional Americans". I am more than happy to oblige.
But first, a personal note from 42bkdodgr:
Many of you may wonder why I chose to use the “ 72 year old friend” as the introduction to my Special Comments. I selected the moniker so readers could see that from my age and life experiences I give a different perspective to the issues of today.Now for his Special Comment:
Many thanks again for another timely, thoughtful, and heartfelt piece, 42bkdodgr.Traditional Americans
I commented recently on an article written by Pat Buchanan titled “Traditional Americans Are Losing Their Nation”. In my previous comment I wrote about the Oath Keepers, but I said at the time I wondered who was a Traditional American.
So I ask Pat the following:
* Were traditional Americans the Indians and Mexicans who lived on the continent before its discovery?
* Were traditional Americans the colonists who preferred being a colony of England prior to the Revolutionary War?
* Were traditional Americans the people who supported the Declaration of Independence and fought in the Revolutionary War?
* Were traditional Americans the people who owned slaves and supported a Civil War or the Americans who opposed slavery?
* Were traditional Americans the people who opposed the immigration of Irish Roman Catholics and other nationalities to the United States in the 19th Century?
* Were traditional Americans the people who barred black athletes from baseball and other major sports?
* Were traditional Americans the people who believed that a Catholic or Black person should not hold the office of President?
* Were traditional Americans the people who fought against the desegregation of schools and the civil rights movement?
* Were traditional Americans the people who voiced objection to Koreans and Vietnamese coming to America?
Pat, don’t you see a pattern forming? America is an ever evolving country. That is what makes America great, its different nationalities and cultures (food, music, language, ideas ) and the heritage they bring to this country.
Pat, there are no Traditional Americans; there are just Americans.
Arctic Indigenous Leaders Share Priorities in Advance of White House Arctic Science Ministerial - [image: Getting a hands on demonstration from salmon fisherwomen. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)] Getting a hands on demonstration from salmon...
4 hours ago