9.18.2009

Message to Bank of America From Angry Consumer: "I'm staging a DEBTOR'S REVOLT!" (UPDATED)

MAJOR UPDATE: Bank of America caved! I'm STUNNED! This is absolutely AMAZING. Good on you Ann Minch!

From HuffPo:

Two weeks ago, Ann Minch of Red Bluff, Calif. announced in a YouTube video that she'd launched a one-woman "Debtors' Revolt" and would refuse to pay off her credit card balance after an unfair interest-rate hike. Now, after her video made a huge splash, Bank of America has agreed to reduce her rate.

Minch said in a video posted Saturday that a Bank of America executive contacted her on Friday.

"He asked me to talk a little about my personal financial situation so we can negotiate some kind of agreement in regard to my existing credit card account," she said. The executive "tried to get me to agree to 16.99 percent and I said, 'No, nope, I believe because you guys are getting your money from the Fed at zero percent interest... that 12.99 percent is a more than generous profit margin for you guys.' So he did finally agree to that and he also agreed to send me that in writing."

A Bank of America spokeswoman confirmed to the Huffington Post that Bank of America got in touch with Minch, and, "based on additional information we received about her situation, we reached a mutually agreeable resolution." Citing customer privacy, the spokeswoman declined to provide details. Minch said she'd send the Huffington Post the confirmation letter as soon as she gets it.

read more...

ORIGINAL POST:

How many times have you thought about telling Bank of America ( or any bank) to go screw itself? Well, Rockerchic4God not only thought about it, she's doing it.

Some might say this woman got herself into the mess, but that's not the entire truth of the matter. She did accrue the debt, but Bank of America, like most too big to fail banks, are changing the terms of their financial relationship mid-stream. That should be illegal.

From Rockerchic4God:
Message to Bank of America: I've decided to it's time to take a stand against the banksters' usury and greed! If our founding fathers were willing to sacrifice their LIVES for our FREEDOM, then I can certainly sacrifice my credit score and be willing to be sued. I'm staging a DEBTOR'S REVOLT!



Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus