I Find Blogging *For* Barack Obama (& the Democrats) More Difficult Each & Every Day.

...and I don't know how much longer I can do it. Can one write a GBCW diary on their own blog? LOL (just barely). While I'm not really there, yet, I'm on the last 1/4 mile of a mile run.

Since the inauguration of President Obama, my blog posts have gone from a real mix of pro-Obama posts & rethug slap-downs (whether they are in Congress or in the media) to, mostly rethug slap-downs.

There's a reason for that: I'm finding it harder and harder to find anything the President does, implements, negotiates, touts, etc., as positive or anything resembling what he promised us during his two-year campaign.

The list of things I'm either disappointed in, or livid about has gotten too long for even this staunchest supporter to pretend isn't the reality, and I'm not going to be doing it much longer.

The list includes, but isn't limited to, Rick Warren, DADT, DOMA, 33% Stimulus was wasted on tax cuts, Rahm Enamuel, Rahm's meatless just-get-the-win approach, Corp. backroom deals a la the Bush administration, refusing to release the White House Visitor Logs, not only not prosecuting Dick Cheney, et. al., for their torture program, but protecting them, protecting the CIA documents that would have exposed Cheney's lies; torture policies, etc., and how they lied to Nancy Pelosi & Congress about those programs, already issuing statements, Tim Geitner & Larry Summers, fighting the release of all Abu Ghraib photos in court, watering down health care, waffling on Public option, allowing 3 Senate Democrats to sabotage health care reform (with Rahm's help/blessing), promising Big Pharma Medicare won't be able to negotiate lower prescription pricing & that importing drugs from our neighbors to the North won't be allowed, hiding behind Executive Privilege, backed down on releasing those we know are innocent from Guantánamo Bay, and so on.

The list is much longer that what I've just listed of the top of my head and at some point, I think I'm going to have to list everything he has either reneged on, refused to act upon or announced a completely different policy than one he promised not to do.

Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus