5.23.2009

Conservative hate-radio host gets waterboarded, lasts six seconds before saying its torture (VIDEOS)

6 seconds and he went from pro-waterboarding to "it's torture." Well, at least this stunt got the military charity $10,000...from Keith Olbermann!.

From Raw Story:

Chicago radio host Erich "Mancow" Muller decided he'd get himself waterboarded to prove the technique wasn't torture.

It didn't turn out that way. "Mancow," in fact, lasted just six or seven seconds before crying foul. Apparently, the experience went pretty badly -- "Witnesses said Muller thrashed on the table, and even instantly threw the toy cow he was holding as his emergency tool to signify when he wanted the experiment to stop," according to NBC Chicago.
The waterboarding:

His Reaction:


"I wanted to prove it wasn't torture," Mancow said. "They cut off our heads, we put water on their face...I got voted to do this but I really thought 'I'm going to laugh this off.' "

"It is way worse than I thought it would be, and that's no joke," Mancow told listeners. "It is such an odd feeling to have water poured down your nose with your head back...It was instantaneous...and I don't want to say this: absolutely torture."

"Absolutely. I mean that's drowning," he added later. "It is the feeling of drowning."

"If I knew it was gonna be this bad, I would not have done it," he said.

read more....

Keith Olbermann covered the story in last night's Countdown. See the video here.

Think Progress has more as well...

UPDATE:
Daily Kos had a lot more which I missed earlier.

blog comments powered by Disqus