4.19.2009

Sen. Claire McCaskill on impeaching Jay Bybee: "I think we have to look at it.”

My fax is automatically sending every Senator the NY Times editorial (see post below) from my home computer as we speak.

I'm glad it seems like we're starting from a point of we need to do something as opposed to there's nothing we can do.

It's a start.

From Think Progress:

This morning on Fox News, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) said that, while she agreed with President Obama’s decision not to prosecute CIA agents who carried out torture, more scrutiny needs to be directed at the “lawyers who gave this advice”.

She then said she doesn’t want to “look in the rearview mirror.” Asked by host Chris Wallace whether she would favor the impeachment of the judge, Jay Bybee, McCaskill responded, “I don’t know. I think we have to look at it.”



read more | digg story

blog comments powered by Disqus